Build Your Own Bike Tour
As the May 15th signup deadline approaches, we’re excited to finalize the team roster for Front Range FREEDOM Tour 2013.
We’re also excited to know how many of you are passionate about fighting human trafficking and would like to do the tour, but it’s just logistically not possible. You’re in a different part of the country. You have previous family commitments during June 22-30. And there are those pesky things called jobs that so frequently get in the way.
Well, we’ve got a deal for you!
Build Your Own FREEDOM Tour (BYOFT)
- Order a jersey by May 15th. ($60 + $5 shipping)
- Ride wherever, whenever you wish. Ride as far as you wish, because this isn’t about miles.
- Wear the jersey as you ride. Folks will notice. Some will ask what it’s about, and there’s your opening to spread the word.
- Take advantage of opportunities to tell people about the cause.
- Rinse and repeat.
BYOFT is a win-win-win.
You get a really cool bike jersey designed by our talented friend Erin. You get some great exercise and a way to proclaim your support for a great cause.
Together we raise funds to support U COUNT and their partners in their fight against human trafficking. We all get the chance to tell others about this horrible issue.
- Bike jerseys tend to attract attention in groups. What if you did your BYOFT as a family or with a couple of friends?
- Get pledges and raise extra $$ for the fight against human trafficking. Commit to ride a certain number of miles in a month or over the summer (while wearing your cool jersey) and ask friends to pledge a nickel or a dollar per mile.
Send an email with the following information (by May 15th–we gotta get them ordered):
Name & Mailing address
Jersey size(s) M / W – S / M / L / XL / XXL
I’ll reply with an address to send a check payable to U COUNT. (U COUNT is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization.)
We’ve already got a bunch of Fort Collins folks doing BYOFT. I can’t wait to see the impact of all those jerseys (and their riders) on our city streets and bike trails throughout the summer.
Wouldn’t it be cool if something similar happened in your community? How many conversations would your jersey spark? How much awareness can you create with your own BYOFT?
How can you change the world?
- Start where you are
- Use what you have
- Do what you can
You can change the world for one child caught in the horrors of trafficking just by riding a bike. How cool is that?
Please leave a comment here.